Imagine going into a room with dim lights, soothing music, and no children. There is a table to lay your tired, tense body on and someone who wants you to feel better and nothing more. The only thing tugging at you is the urge to lie down and let your tension melt away. Forget the dishes. Forget the laundry. This is your oasis.
- Being a mom is hard. For a stay at home mom, it is a 24/7 gig and you never get to leave work and go home. When you do try to take a time out to sit and relax you just have a different view of all of the things you need to do. Plus, you are at kid-level now.
- Moms deserve more than one day a year to be recognized as the superstars they are. Mother’s Day is great and all but mom gets to clean the kitchen after that breakfast the kids made her.
- Moms love their kids and need to be reminded to love themselves.
At the end of the day, there is nothing a mother wants more than to keep her family happy. That includes the big kid she married. This does involve a certain level of neglect of herself. Because she forgets, the gift of a relaxation massage will revitalize her on a physical and emotional level.
What is a relaxation massage?
Also known as a Swedish massage, a relaxation massage is a pressure applied to the skin and muscles in various patterns to increase blood flow, decrease blood pressure, and create calm. Some techniques include:
- Firm kneading
- Percussion-like tapping
- Bending and stretching
While this may sound like a typical Tuesday after nap time it shares no resemblance in the atmosphere. At Carytown Massage you get that secluded relaxing room from your daydreams. And you get it for up to an hour and a half.
What are the benefits of a massage?
- Emotional- massage is proven to decrease feelings of depression and anxiety
- Physical- many people carry their tension around in their body and massage works to ease that tension.
- Health- relaxation can boost the immune system by improving circulation and allowing your body to fight illness instead of stress
The healing power of touch
Physical touch has been shown to increase endorphins and relaxation. It really is a medical marvel and it is not something that can be put in a bottle and carried around. Europeans may be onto something with the kissing hello ritual. Granted, if you go out of the house and people touch you it may not have the same impact as a hug from your kids. Carytown massage therapists harness the power of touch to give you a comfortable and relaxing massage experience.
What session should I choose?
Everyone is different and sometimes it is the gesture that matters most. Not everyone is comfortable with a massage in the beginning so purchasing a 90-minute session may be tempting but start with a 30-minute session. If she loves it (and she will) then try to convince her to do it more regularly and possibly for longer. Do consider adding a little something to make her experience even better.
Contact us about packages that include sugar scrubs and aromatherapy. Be well.